Spring Festival Competitions
Due date for all application materials is: February 1, 2019
Applicants must attend the 2019 SCFS Spring Festival April 5-6 at South Carolina State University in Orangeburg, SC. Applicants must be current members of SCFS or submit a membership form and fee along with their application. Competitors are subject to all rules and regulations provided, thus it is important to read all of the details for each competition.
Winners of the Young Artist, Collegiate, Senior Artist, and Junior Artist competitions will be presented with a cash prize and perform at the 2020 SCFS Flute Festival.
Young Artist Competition
(open to anyone who has completed an undergraduate degree)
(open to current undergraduate students)
Senior Artist Competition
(open to students in grades 10-12)
Junior Artist Competition
(open to students in grades 9 and under)
(open to undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students)
Winners of this competition will perform in Valerie Coleman’s masterclass during the 2019 South Carolina Flute Society Spring Festival.
Competition Application Procedures
- Prepare recordings according to the appropriate competition details.
- Complete all forms included in the above downloadable packet including the Competition Application Form and the SCFS Membership Form.
- Upload recorded materials to the applicable dropbox link included in the competition details (Marked with file names in the form of FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME_PIECE#) or mail an unmarked CD to the competition coordinator.
- Email or mail all forms to the competition coordinator.
- Mail a check with fees to the competition coordinator with your name and competition on the memo line. Checks can be made out to South Carolina Flute Society.